Inside EveryStylishGirl's Vibrant '35 Under 35': Making it in Biz Honoree Dinner
Shelcy Joseph, Giselle Renee, Nana Agyemang, Christy Joseph, Emi Popoola. Photo by BFA / Bre Johnson
Black women are often the backbone of many creative industries and their hard work may get overlooked. But at the EveryStylishGirl "35 Under 35: Making it in Biz" honoree dinner (which took place on March 29), women from all sides of the industry were celebrated in style as we wrap up Women's History Month.
Hosted by EveryStylishGirl’s founder Nana Agyemang at The Standard, East Village's penthouse, honorees, guests and editors alike (including our EDITION editor-in-chief Bianca Gracie) all soaked in the stunning skyscraper-lined views at the Penthouse while sipping on curated PATRON cocktails. After mingling for a few, the attendees enjoyed a three-course dinner that included a frisée salad, a delicious entree selection (with choices of roasted halibut, a farro bowl and braised short ribs) and a flourless chocolate cake.
Photo by BFA / Bre Johnson
The dinner felt more like a catch-up session with girlfriends, as everyone at their respective tables laughed and shared advice or experiences with their peers. Some women were longtime friends or colleagues while others were meeting for the first time. But the air radiated inclusivity—which reflects Agyemang's mission for both the annual dinner and EveryStylishGirl as a whole.
"I just wanted to honor all of you. You're making your mark in your respective industries. Our honorees, congratulations this year—you're phenomenal. ESG friends, family and press, we thank you so much for being here," she stated during her welcome toast before the attendees individually introduced themselves. "I just feel honored to be in a space with you all. We just want to congratulate you on all of your wins and successes."
D'Shonda Brown and Bianca Gracie. Photo by BFA / Bre Johnson
Those in attendance included:
Nana Agyemang, Founder of EveryStylishGirl
● Brianna Arps, Founder/CEO/Owner at MOODEAUX
● Arianna Davis, Editorial Director of Digital, TODAY Show
● Maya Day, Esq., Counsel at BET Networks, Business & Legal Affairs
● Khalea Underwood, Global Editorial Manager at MAC Cosmetics
● Imani Cruz, Talent & Casting at MTV Networks and Founder of The Harlem Cares Collective
● Nani R., Fashion & Luxury Partnerships at TikTok
● Taylor Roberts, Digital & Social Strategist at Copper
● Eni Popoola, NYC Blogger and Columbia Law Alumna
● BIanca Gracie, Editor-in-Chief at Edition by Modern Luxury
● Jocelyn McCall, Global Marketer Etsy & Co-Founder of The Soulhaus
● Candice Grevious, Senior Manager, Activations at Highsnobiety
Photo by BFA / Bre Johnson
● Jenna Caldwell, Associate Producer at TIME
● Marcia Josesphs, Associate Manager, Global PR & Marketing at UGG
● Kiana Brooks, Merchandising Manager at Chanel
● Venesa J. Coger, Style & Culture Specialist at Refinery29
● Caitlyn Kumi, Associate Product Marketing Manager at Google
● Amala Okpala, Strategic Partner Manager, Commerce Partnerships at Instagram
Devine Blacksher and Taylor Roberts. Photo by BFA / Bre Johnson
EveryStylishGirl, founded by Agyemang in 2016, is an inclusive media company that focuses on advancing and providing opportunities for Black and Brown in fashion, business, media and beauty. The company has built a strong and supportive women-forward community that provides creatives with resources and also celebrates their successes year-round. Cheers to all of our wins this month and all year!